Thursday, May 14, 2009

remodeling

Spotlight:

I am happy to give a big thanks to Karen of Mystic Wynd for doing a spotlight of CherryLaneJane! I did a little interview that you can read over on her blog. http://mysticwynd.blogspot.com/ Please take a minute to stop on over and read a bit about my shop and my childhood.

here is a bit of what you will see......

I grew up on a large 200 hundred acre farm that was no longer in use, except for the fields of corn and soy bean. Cherry Lane Farm was our haven in a suburban town filled with newly developed neighborhoods, soccer fields, and shopping centers. We lived atop a hill over looking Cincinnati and the view was breath taking! We used the old farm land as our playground


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REMODEL

I have been in the middle of a remodel in the basement. We moved into this house and the basement was finished....well kinda finished. We have lived with it for 2yrs and thought it was time to get rid of the yellowish orange walls, the rusty orange trim, and the awful dark blue carpet that shows everything! If you sneeze it shows the dust and that makes our poor vacuum work overtime. Especially since my husband has a bit of a clean freak streak in him. It is a large double room that we use for a second family room and the other side is for the kids playroom.

Today the carpet guys are installing the new carpet so I am thrilled! As soon as we have it all done I will post the after shoots, but for now here is a peek at the horrible before pictures. The stairwell had lattice on one side and wood paneling on the other..... yuck!

Photobucket

this is it after the carpet was removed and the walls were primed for the new paint. It already looks ten times better.

Photobucket







I have been so very busy with ripping carpet out and sanding and painting that I haven't shared any of my new items lately. Here are a few of the new listing at CherryLaneJane.etsy.com. All but one are made from reclaimed vintage sweaters.





As Always Hugs, Liz:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a information of un-ambiguity and preserveness
of precious familiarity concerning unexpected
feelings.

Also visit my web page: languages