Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Sun is Shinning

I woke up today with blue skies and warmth. It is a wonderful change of pace since this April has been quit dreary here in Ohio. My Weeping Cherry tree is in full bloom and looks gorgeous against the blue sky.

Photobucket


We had a birthday party for my son. Braden turned 6 this weekend. I made a super simple chocolate devil's cake and let him make the icing color with food coloring. I think he did a great job, don't you?

Photobucket

The week before we had our fun Easter celebration and I never got a chance to share our Easter eggs with everyone. My 10yr old Halie's set is the more vibrant ones because she has more patience and can keep her eggs in the dye longer. ;)~

PhotobucketPhotobucket



With 3 days in a row of sunny skies and 85 degree weather I am excited for some outside time with the family. Plus a Saturday night with friends for my birthday!


Hugs,Liz:)

3 comments:

anicia said...

Love that cherry blossom photo.

JodisCraftEmporium and More said...

love that photo of the cherry blossom. The weather here in Western NY has been absolutely beautiful also.

Patty said...

Hi Liz, WOW look at the wonderful blue cake, awesome! :D