Monday, August 25, 2008

Flash Floods and Blog Features

I was on my way to work on Sunday to cover for a coworker who was off and it started to rain. No big deal, right? I had looked at weatherbug before I left and it had just a tiny spot on the radar. Nothing to worry about. Then the rain got so hard I could barely see and the more I drove the more the rain piled up. On my first stop (I fill vending machines) I got out of the car in my rain coat and ran inside. There was no electricity and I was already soaked. "OK" I thought and then on to the next stop. I then realized I needed gas. I found a gas station and got out to pump gas. The rain and wind were sideways by then. I got back in the car and the rain had soaked through my raincoat, my sweatshirt, my t-shirt, my jeans, and yes my undies too! I went to my next stop and filled everything just fine. Except I realized I could not keep my pants up because they were so wet and heavy they kept slipping down. I knew I would have to stop by the house to get some dry clothes. This is when I remembered I had my camera in my purse and I took a few pictures of my trip back home and then back to work in the flash flood that I was unprepared for.....I am a girl scout and I know to keep a change of clothes for the kids in the car, but maybe I should keep some for me too. lol I hope you enjoy the pictures better than I did the drive. I have never been in a flash flood before and I hope never to be in one again!

The best part was seeing two 40yr old guys swimming in their driveways.....
PhotobucketPhotobucket



This is the highway underpass
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

A mud river down the other side of the road
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
The sun did finally come out!
Photobucket


on another note:


Blog FEATURES


When I got home I got two wonderful emails letting me know I was being featured in blogs....

Feature 1:
I wanted to thank Katie from GiftsEtc for featuring my Poop stuff on her Top 16...Poop Items!! Check it out on her blog! It is my pink poo poo bib and my pile of crap pincushion. All of which are available in my etsy shop CherryLaneJane


Feature:2
I also wanted to thank Sharon from splashesofcolor for featuring my bibs on her blogWonderful World of Etsy. Stop by and comment on her fabulous blog.


14 comments:

Gallery Juana said...

how scary to be driving in those conditions. Glad you were able to arrive home safely.

Sock Monkey Jungle said...

Thank goodness you are safe! Wow ...and having to sit and drive in soaked jeans and underwear eeeeeek! great pics and write up thanks for sharing! p.s keep a brolly in the car just incase lol!

whimsicalpam said...

Great Pics - I'm glad you made it home safely. We had the same thing here and flooding in areas that never get flooded. Strange weather all around!
I love the guys swimming - priceless:)

Felicia said...

I saw some scary TS Jane rain this weekend too.

ChatonDesigns said...

Great photos...nature can sure turn sour! I hate getting caught in heavy rain while driving :)

Rosebud Collection said...

Now this is frightening..What a thing to get caught up in..I did chuckle a bit on your pants being weighed down.
Glad you are safe..

Art By MAR said...

You got some great pictures but that must have been scary. I am lucky to live in an area that doesn't get flooded. I too loved the "boys" swimming in their driveway--never grow up do they?

w said...

driving in rain is not fun.

Start To Finish Supplies said...

I am digging the old man with the short shorts. I bet that was a sight!

Brandon said...

What a crazy experience. Glad you were safe just a little soaked.

Melissa

Christopher And Tia said...

I don't leave the house when we have flash flodding like that here. About a week ago we picked up 7 inches of rain, in about 4 days, after not raining for months. Scary stuff. I stayed inside, haha. You got some great pictures though.

::::Lula Boutique:::: said...

OMG...That's scary! Wow! Thanks for sharing the cool pictures though! :)

Congratulations on being featured!!!

kim* said...

Yes floods seem so scary...be careful driving .

5erg said...

Great photo-story :D