Saturday, July 12, 2008

Yellow Springs ~A trip back in time~

Photobucket

Today we took a family day trip to a really neat place. A place you can say is stuck in time. An easier laid back time. When things were about art, culture, great food, and community. It is full of hippies and tie dye and the essence of sandalwood incense. It's a family friendly place and my kids had a blast!
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Riddles BBQ had some killer sausage and pulled pork sandwiches!!!Photobucket


beautiful handmade pottery, artwork, clothing, jewlery, etc.Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

I came across a music store called Dingleberry's. It was filled with vinyl and cd's. I came across a Curtis Mayfield record and had to have it. It now has a home on top of my piano in the dinning room. If you haven't heard Curtis Mayfield or listened to funk music you should! It makes me happy:)

PhotobucketPhotobucket

My Daughter Halie

Photobucket

My son Braden

Photobucket



fun benches Photobucket



Photobucket great shopping



yummy restaurants and coffee shops Photobucket

Ice Cream ShopsPhotobucket



If your ever up by Dayton Ohio take a day trip to this fun little off beat town and enjoy the simpler things.... We sure did.

10 comments:

moonmystic said...

Great trip, great family, great blog. "Dingleberries" cracked me up, however. . .

JafaBrit's Art said...

I am so glad you enjoyed visiting our little village :) If people want to check what is going on, the chamber of commerce has a GREAT schedule listed.
http://www.yellowspringsohio.org/index.html

LeaKarts said...

What a fun trip! You have a beautiful family :)

tanyBUG said...

looks like it was a wonderful day!

mmm....pulled pork and ice cream!

Estela said...

How fun! I want to go!!

made by molly said...

Fun! That sign up at the top is really cute.

Rascallion said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.
This looks like such a fun place, it reminds me of the town I lived in as a teen (without the hippies tho!)
I didn't appreciate enough at the time.

As for Treasury West, I have it linked in the post you commented on, just click the words and it will open up in a new window. When stuff disappears, the screen just goes blank, the structure is there with no pics up in the frames.

HolisticallyHeather said...

hahha dingleberries!
that is hillarious

it totally bums me out that people have kinda stopped listening to records, everything now sounds so produced!

GreenSpaceGoods said...

Wow it looks awesome. I just got back from a trip to Marietta Ohio and I already want to go back! It's so beautiful up there. :)

Janamidala said...

Wow, looks like fun was had by all!
I've never been to Ohio, but one of my best friends growing up moved to Tucson from Dayton :)