Monday, July 7, 2008

Garden veggies and herbs

This gardening thing is so much fun and if you haven't planted something you should give it a try.



My garden is in bloom and everything took except for the cilantro. This is my 1st year for having a garden. It may be small, but it's just enough for me to learn the ropes of keeping things green! I have no luck with indoor plants, but the outdoor ones are growing and thriving. I am so excited to see that the sugar sun tomatoes are ripe and ready for picking. This tiny plant has over grown it's place and is giving me more tomatoes than I can eat. If it weren't for my mother coming over and letting me now that they weren't going to turn red, than I would have been waiting a few weeks before I figured it out. lol They aren't the red kind she said....I did say that I was new to this right? Oh well now I know and I am ready to try them out. When I make a yummy dish I will be happy to take pics and share. I have been using the basil, oregano, dill, parsley, rosemary, and chives already. They make all my dishes fresh and yummy!!! The jalapeƱos, shalots, and tomatoes are my next to try.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Nice!! Makes me want to start my own Garden :)

Tricia said...

Great job, Liz! You should give raspberries a try (if you like them, of course). They're very, very hardy and come back year after year. We've grown them for about 5 years now and they've never let us down. They usually don't make it inside the house as my son and I wind up picking and eating them right away!

Art By MAR said...

Wow sounds like you are a great with the garden. I have just a few things planted but as usual the weeds around the plants are doing better than the plants!

Melody said...

Your garden looks beautiful! I don't have any "earth" that I can plant it, but maybe next year I'll do a container garden... sounds like fun :)

Wonderful World of Etsy said...

Wish you could give me a few tips. I have a pretty tomato plant, just no tomatoes :(