Monday, July 21, 2008

Garden Fresh Rice with Asiago cheese

I picked just a few things from the garden and decided to make a very yummy rice out of it. I turned some boring plain brown rice into something my children and husband actually ate!
Photobucket


It was Simple really.... While boiling the water for the rice I added the rosemary. When the rice was ready to be added I took the rosemary out. Then I added some brown rice with the package directions. When the rice was done I added 1/2 cup of asiago cheese, a hand full of cherry tomatoes cut in half, a small shallot diced, some chopped parsley and chives, salt and pepper, and then it was done!
Photobucket


It was a yummy side dish to go along with our BBQ Chicken, Green beans, and Pineapple.
Photobucket

3 comments:

::::Lula Boutique:::: said...

Ooh...that looks delicious!!! I'll have to try that!

sarah abla (pierce) said...

when are you inviting me for dinner? lol. looks amazing!

Kathy & Carrie said...

Yummy! Sounds great. Will have to try that out.