Saturday, December 13, 2008
Cherry Lane Jane
It feels good to make things from old discarded things. "Upcycled" is the perfect word for it. It's not exactly recycling, it could be reusing, but it definitely is Eco Friendly and Fun!
Let me know what you think of my newest creations! I have so many ideas in my head. All I need now is TIME.
I started with a pile of clothes and blankets from the thrift store....
This is what I made...
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Christmas is coming so all my holiday bibs are on SALE!!!! Here are just a few
Monday, October 20, 2008
Do we use cloth napkins or pretty paper towels for Thanksgiving?????
I know my mother and grandmother would gasp at the thought of paper towels, but they are easy and they make them oh so cute these days. I let this thought go and went about my day.
There I was strolling the fabric store for some more thread (Not a big purchase, but still a very necessary one) when I saw this fabulous turkey fabric screaming at me "Liz buy me"...."wouldn't I make great napkins?".... Of course I am crazy and yes fabric talks to me, but besides that I knew that the switch to cloth napkins would be a fun one. I already know how to sew and this turkey fabric was screaming at me. Plus no trees would be hurt in the process. How could I turn this cute fabric down? I couldn't! I bought the fabric and made some cloth napkins. I have two sets of 6 for sale on etsy also. Didn't they turn out great?? Pictures not so much, but the sun is setting and I couldn't get it any better today so maybe tomorrow I will try again.
Plus I feel way better not hurting mother nature anymore than I have to! What are you planning on using????
I was also inspired to do a thanksgiving treasury
Friday, October 17, 2008
First off I have a Halloween Sale on Etsy.
.........All holiday bibs are $5.00 for a limited time!!!........
$5 $5 $5 $5 $5 $5 $5 $5 $5 $5 $5 $5 $5 $5 $5 $5 $5 $5 $5 $5
Second I am making Plushie Stuffed Animal Baby Toys now!!! Here are a few I have made. I am working on some aqua and brown ones right now.
Friday, September 12, 2008
All of my Friday Favorites are from Etsy this week. Just in case your new to Etsy it is a website based on handmade and vintage items from all over the world. If you need it you can buy it there! Now please take a minute to click on the links and browse these wonderful Etsy shops. I love this weeks picks and I hope you do to!
1. FRESHLY FALLEN Organic Onesie by: Ben and Lucy Boutique Ben & Lucy is a small funky company offering up handmade hipness for unique little individuals. This onesize caught my eye because you could wear it all Season and get a good amount of use out of it.... Plus it is Adorable!!! You can find onesies, bib clips, ponytail holders, and more in their shop!
2. Happy Wholloween Hat by: knitschmidtThis really was what put me in the Halloween mood this past week! I saw this hat and instantly had a Dr. Suess and Halloween flash back to my younger years. I would have loved to have a hat like that back then! Knitschmidt's shop is filled with fun knitted hats and such that you should check out.
3. Retro Kids Trick or Treat Market Tote Handbag by: sewgraciousThis tote could be used all Season for Mom or for Trick or Treating! Take this beautiful tote to the grocery store, or just to lug around all your kids junk when you are out and about on the town! Sewing Grace's Shop is filled with the most beautiful handbags, totes, wristlets, wallets, key chains, etc. She uses fun fabrics too.
4. Crawler Covers Baby Toddler Leg Warmers by: fategoddessThese seem to me to be a must have for this upcoming colder weather. These will keep your little one in style as well as keep them warm. She has over 400 styles of leg warmers available in her store, so there is bound to be something that fits you and your child's style!
5. Sun-kissed Halter Tutu Dress by: yayapapayaWhat little girl wouldn't love to wear this for a Halloween costume and probably for dress ups every day after that for months! This Sun-kissed tutu is made out of orange, yellow and red tulle with lots of colorful ribbon. Their tutus are beautifully hand crafted and just gorgeous. All the tutus are so sweet and even if you don't have kids you should go on over and browse because it will bring out the little girl in all of you.
6. Orange Cashmere Booties by: tweedybaby These super sweet little booties are made from an orange pashmina shawl and lined in black cotton. They are extremely soft which I think is a great thing for all kids to have something comfy and soft to wear. Tweedybaby has bibs, burp cloths, toddler dresses, booties, and lots of fun things for you little one.
7.Custom Pumpkin Halloween Shirt by: marlinsmomDo you have a school aged or preschooler around? This is just the right thing to put them in when sending them out to school! It's festive without being to over done. It will put our kids in the holiday spirit. Maybe you can even go to the pumpkin patch in this shirt. Marilinsmom has beautiful pillowcase dresses, appliques, and totes.
Stop by next week for more beautiful Friday Favorites!
If you missed any of the past few weeks Friday Favorites you can take a look at it here....
August 15th 2008 ~Autumn is Near~
August 8th 2008 Cherries
Thursday, September 11, 2008
I made a few new toys to add to my Etsy Shop. The first is a Learning toy with a smile face on one side and a sad face on the other.
This Emotions Sunburst toy is so cute and I am tempted not to part with it;), but mine are growing older and this is just not their thing anymore. I hand stitched the faces on felt and then hand stitched the faces to the soft fiberfill stuffed Sunburst. I am making pink and blue ones right now. I am also making some multiracial ones.
The second set of toys is this set of Soft Foam Blocks. They are 4 inch cubes. The best thing is that all the sides are flat so stacking is easy. Most soft blocks are filled with fiberfill, but I used whole blocks of foam. I make these is all sorts of color combos or pattern for an "I Spy" set.
I also made a few Halloween Bibs for the upcoming holiday. ALL HALLOWEEN BIBS ARE ON SALE FOR $8!!!!
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
I was so excited to see that I got an award from Kimiko. Now I get to pass this award on to 7 of my favorite bloggers :o) Here are the rules for the nominees: 1) Add the logo of the award to your blog 2) Add a link to the person who awarded it to you 3) Nominate at least 7 other blogs 4) Add links to those blogs on your blog 5) Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs! So here goes!
2.On the Dot Creations
5.Wee Scream Vintage
6.Christopher and Tia
7.Fluff n Flowers
Monday, September 8, 2008
Friday, September 5, 2008
I didn't do a Friday Favorites today because I have been busy getting my son off to his first day of Kindergarten. He got on the big bus today all by himself! Yes it's a sad day, but I am happy for him that he is big enough to do what his sister does now. The bus pulled up this morning and he hopped right on without any hesitation. I was so proud of him. What a Big Boy! He will only be gone half day so in a few short hours he will be back again giving his sad mommy a hug.
My inlaws came to watch Braden get on the bus and I was shown this adorable picture of my husband on his first day of kindergarten. Aren't my boys the cutest!?! That wasn't really a question since I already know the answer ;)~ teeheee I hope you all have a great weekend! I am off to enjoy my three hours of peace and quiet and maybe catch a nap.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
The boys made me smores. YUMMY!!!
I woke up the next day to pancakes and sausage. Thanks to my brother and sister! That is better breakfast than I get at home. Then we took the kids swimming at the lake.
This is my sisters and I chillin by the camper. The other pic is my daughter Halie and her Aunts.
We took a hike and found a swamp just a few hundreds yards from the campsite. My girl scout leader days kicked in and we identified trees and bugs and things.
The boys climbed trees and then we came upon this part of the woods that looked nothing like the Ohio Forest that I knew! It was almost like a forest filled with bamboo. These reeds were taller than we were and hollow like bamboo, but they were striped green and tan.If anyone knows what they are let me know! It was really cool. Could it be Bamboo??? Does it grow in Ohio? How would it have gotten there? I wonder....
I got a 100 bug bites and didn't sleep well, but I would have to say it was a success! We laughed and giggled till the wee hours of the morning and we had no tv or video games for two whole days. It was the perfect way to end the summer:) The kids started school today so I will have my morning free from now on! yippeee